Infested logging camp

Skjotur

Infested logging camp

Post by Skjotur »

I keep getting tasks for loggers in the infested logging camp. The problem is that the other creatures there are significantly harder than the loggers. Should they be in the same area? If so I would suggest not assigning tasks for loggers and only for the other creatures. Otherwise it is more or less a death sentence for people who can't handle the more dangerous creatures there.

Unlike the werewolf or the fallen templar, where there is only one creature that is harder than the rest in the area, these areas have only one weak type of creature, while the rest are all much harder.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

In the lower area, sentries are rare. I do agree that the bowmen are a little too hard to be mixed in with loggers.
Skjotur

Re: Infested logging camp

Post by Skjotur »

This is still the case by the way. Loggers swing at around 1500, bowmen shoot around 2500. They both frequent the same area. If this is by design intent that's fine, but it seems like a pretty large difference in challenge and danger.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

This is something that happens in the Dusklamp areas as well. In Old Dusklamp (from what I remember, I could be wrong), there are two mob types, one that rolls around 100 for offense and defense, and one that rolls around 200 for offense and defense. In the Upper Tunnels, the Plague Walkers roll around 200, but the Troglodytes roll 400 or so. I haven't poked around the thermal tunnels yet.

It's a pretty noticeable difference, but there's very few people that hunt in the Upper Tunnels anymore, or Old Dusklamp, other than specifically for tasks. It's neat to have variety in an area, but it might promote people to hunt in 1 or 2 specific areas rather than using other areas to hunt. I'm not sure how to have variety without different skill levels, other than perhaps giving mobs an ability here and there they can use, and this could include places like the Infested Logging Camp.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I'll take a look at both of these. If any more critters with hugely different skill ranges are occupying the same areas, please post about those as well.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

While I don't like resurrecting the dead, this is still a bit of an issue at the camp. Loggers roll for about 1300-1500, but the Archers are waaaay up there in the 2k+. It rather ruins any chance to hunt it if you're in the lower range.

Even separating the two mobs into different parts of the area would go a long way, or just lowering the archers to be more in line with the Loggers.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I agree with Dorn on this and second his request. The bowmen make the loggers near impossible to hunt and the loggers are definitely needed right now to fill a rather large gap in training, especially with the recent skill gain change to tactic offense.

I'd prefer to see bowmen and sentries in one area with loggers in another...
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I tweaked some of this today. I won't say *what* was changed exactly, I want you to find out for yourself. Loggers should be contained to a smaller part of the camp.

Enjoy.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Thanks Zoiya! Just tried it out and it was great until those severe wounds started accumulating! Definitely a better distribution though!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Zoiya wrote:I tweaked some of this today. I won't say *what* was changed exactly, I want you to find out for yourself. Loggers should be contained to a smaller part of the camp.

Enjoy.
Good to hear this area was tweaked somehow. I have had a love hate relationship with the logging camp for a while now due to such crazy rolls and varying MOB.

Thanks bunches! :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Hunting Areas”