Mages

drahkik

Mages

Post by drahkik »

As a newbie going out hunting as a spell user i find that I am spending more time eating and resting. I went out after paying for three trainings (aero, channel, and spell aiming) and after 30 minutes i moved up 2 ranks in aero, 1 in channel and .5 in spell aiming. I used 4 rations and had to rest 4 times...seems like a steep slope for newbies. Also two scarecrows always jump out and get me as aero does no damage. I would like my wife to sign on at the same time but the server won't allow both of us to be on at the same time.
Have you seen my Zombies?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Spells are supposed to start out more draining and being more of a supplement than a primary method of attack. When joining the Elemancers, you learn aeromancy first, which is mainly used for defense, utility and knocking down enemies, and occasionally does a little damage on some knockdowns.

It hasn't been coded up yet, but upon joining the Elemancers you should receive a wand, which you can CAST at enemies with to do your damage until you learn more damaging spells. Casting with wands improves your Spell Aiming and is not particularly draining like casting other spells is. Casting with a wand also increases your spell aim accuracy. I'd be happy to send you a wand in the mail so that you can dish out some damage and improve your Spell Aiming that way (even though you turned it down earlier, you may reconsider now, knowing the benefits).

As far as you and your wife wanting to be on at the same time, contact me with your character names and I'll add them to the exceptions list for multiple logins via the same IP. I thought I already had them on there, but maybe I missed one or misspelled one.
The lore compels me!
Icterus

Post by Icterus »

Kelsus joined the Elemancer Guild and would also like a wand.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Wands are in the mail to both of you.
The lore compels me!
drahkik

Post by drahkik »

The only reason I turned down the want is that I didn't want special treatment and was willing to wait until you implemented it. If mailing wands to elemencers is the standard right now then all righty then.

Back to the training issue I guess I just still have the problem with the goal. It needs to be gotten rid of. I so want to reach it, and it is virtually impossible. If I sit and think of the 10 ranks I get with the initial money then the bonus learning you get is just cream on the top. So i withdraw any complaints about that once you get rid of the goal thing.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The training goals are pretty near impossible now that the duration has been halved, so I've changed the wording a bit and taken out the goal mechanic. SKILLS now shows you "studying" the skill and the duration, rather than showing a "training goal."
The lore compels me!
drahkik

Post by drahkik »

nice, also I think you need to put a cap on the mage trainings. I was able to train in channeling, channel aero and then sit down. my fatigue went up higher from sitting then it went down from channeling. I went from 10 ranks to 70 ranks in one morning of channeling.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Huh. That needs some tweaking.
The lore compels me!
drahkik

Post by drahkik »

So I am ranking up my mage skills and I was wondering something. When you channel an element is the magic coming from you or the wand? If someone with no magic ability can still use a wand then why does the wands effects get negated if you channel an element. The proposition is that if I am channeling lets say aeromancy, I would like a different verb for either throwing my wind or casting with my wand. Currently I am channeling aero, casting until I knock the enemy down then releasing so as to use my wands fire abilities. Or at least this should be a skill that you can get once you get high enough in the elemencers. It would be like being able to get similiar results as the two hits the a melee character gets.

Return to “Hunting Areas”