New Hunting Areas

Rias
DEV

New Hunting Areas

Post by Rias »

Tired of practicing combat against that poor, abused target dummy in the Commons? There are now a few areas to be found out in the wilderness that spawn critters for you to test your mettle against in physical combat.

If you're concerned about getting killed, don't worry too much - while death will eventually have more serious consequences, at the moment all that happens is you drop any riln in your pockets (so go to the bank and deposit before you head out) and get transported to the commons in Shadgard. You'll be tired and hungry after dying, so you'll want to sit or lie down a while and eat some food to replenish your strength.

For those fortunate enough to make it back to town alive, go see the mender Hildibrand in the infirmary on Brewery Row and ASK him about healing. For the moment, it costs no riln and only makes you hungry (dependent on the severity of your wounds).
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Can you make all animals butcher-able/skin-able so players can gain the [Skinning] skill from them even if they do not result with a pelt or meat?
Last edited by Nootau on Thu May 10, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

This is what I see when Acarin tries to raise his "shinning" skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVooUHN7j4

As far as skinning is concerned, I think some creatures like the undead rats don't produce very good pelts. (You know.. rotting skin..)
Last edited by Noctere on Thu May 10, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy being evil...
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

First? Derp.. *fixes first post*

Yes, but should be book practice of how to cut a pelt or at least how to cut up a body.
Last edited by Nootau on Thu May 10, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I wouldn't use an axe.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.

Return to “Hunting Areas”