Woodland Trail

Rias
DEV

Woodland Trail

Post by Rias »

Icterus hasn't mentioned it yet, so I'll go ahead and bring it up - infested poachers have been spotted in the wooded hills west of Tarueka.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Are these really Infested? Could you add on a LOOK of them having spores? They are listed as insane people not Infested.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Not all infested creatures are completely covered in fungus. They could be hiding it under their clothing and look completely normal.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Will there a way to be able to tell? There are two Guilds which require targeting infected after all.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

I did not know they were infested until someone mentioned it in passing.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It's intentional for some cases of infestation to be unapparent. Udemi and Utasa can ask their guildmaster for tasks, which will often get them sent off to hunt infested creatures, so that's a good way for them to tell.

There's no special way for someone to "sense" that a creature is infested. It's often visually apparent due to growths on the creature's skin, but not always. It adds to the intrigue!

Same case for, say, Minor Animation. There's no obvious way to tell that a Minor Animate is nethrim just by looking at it, and Monks and Templar don't have any special way to somehow "sense" nether. Maybe Combat Trainer Baerig is secretly a nethrim! Maybe the beastmaster Theodora is infested, covering fungal growths under her overalls!

The intrigue!
The lore compels me!
Altaholic

Post by Altaholic »

Rias wrote:Udemi and Utasa can ask their guildmaster for tasks, which will often get them sent off to hunt infested creatures, so that's a good way for them to tell.
[Tse Gaiyan Chapterhouse, Manor Entry] (InUr)
The entry to the Manor is large and mostly empty. Flanking the open archway are two raised braziers to keep the elements out. The banner of Tse Gaiyan hangs from the wall immediate in front of the archway, and there is a desk placed in front of it where a young man sits.
The area is completely silent. The area is particularly warm.
You also notice a winding staircase.
Also here: the agent Lucas.
Obvious exits: west, east.

EAvd>
l lucas
Although he appears to be doing nothing, there is an air of energy about Lucas. His relaxed position belies his attention to the room.
He is wearing a light blue long-sleeve silk shirt, a black silk vest, a silver tooled leather belt, some black linen trousers and some supple suede boots.
(The agent Lucas is a guildmaster for the Utasa branch of Tse Gaiyan. You can ask him about promotion or abilities.)
(The agent Lucas is a trainer. You can ask him about training.)

EAvd>
guild
You are a rank 0 member of the Utasa branch of Tse Gaiyan and have earned 100.0 points toward your next promotion at 500 points.
You currently have 100.0 recognition points.
You have learned the following abilities from your guild:

1: Apprentice Wavebending

(To get information on a specific ability, type guild describe [#])

EAvd>
ask lucas about task
The agent Lucas doesn't seem to know much about tasks.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Fixed.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Hunting Areas”