Town of Taureka

Avedri

Town of Taureka

Post by Avedri »

Would it be possible for the guards to sometimes drop keys to the gate when looted? Thanks!
Rias
DEV

Re: Town of Taureka

Post by Rias »

The guards don't have keys (they were likely stolen or looted quite a long time ago), though the gates can be locked or unlocked without a key from the inside. To get in, you can pick the lock, climb the gate, or ask someone to do either for you (climbers can unlock the gate once they're on the other side).
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I realize how to get in there, but I've heard the climb is obscene and while Jaster has often been kind enough to open it the small population typically of concurrent players doesn't really facilitate asking at any time when he's not on for the most part. Ala a certain graveyard gate in another game.

It would probably be less of a problem if there were other areas to hunt that fit between the divide of farm and Concord.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The climb has a higher chance of success than failure for someone with 0 skill. If you're having trouble, check your encumbrance. Being weighed down makes climbing significantly more difficult.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Last time I tried that climb it was 50 energy per attempt and my climbing skill isn't 0. I'm assuming that might also be encumbrance?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Encumbrance affects energy usage as well, yes.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I didn't even realize encumbrance was implemented. Good deal, I'll try and see if I can heave the old girl over.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Also, equivalent combat challenge areas:

Concord deck (slightly tougher, don't go belowdecks)
Bowtruckle tunnels (varies from slightly easier to slightly tougher, (stay away from the Broodmother!))
Burial Grounds Acolyte Chambers (turtle up defenses to get past the skeletons and go into the inner chambers where it's just acolytes)

Return to “Hunting Areas”