Graveyard Bog

Alexander

Graveyard Bog

Post by Alexander »

I have returned to what is possibly my favorite hunting area, the Graveyard Bog, in order to improve my brawling skills. I enjoyed the area thoroughly when I was there previously with sword and shield. The combat there is interesting, with the different spells the wights and spirits are capable of casting, and the different effects they may have. They often use water, which will drench and knock down or throw you from the room. Being drenched renders one susceptible to physically freezing, if a spectre or spirit is nearby to cast cold spells at you. Acid is exceptionally dangerous, being both very damaging with multiple cycles, and capable of knocking down the target, and I quickly learned to watch for which elements the wights prepare so that I can known when acid is imminent. In addition to this, it is always particularly exciting when the necromancer arrives with his spells and summoning of skeletons.

I express this enjoyment of the area in hopes that other areas will be added with such varied and dynamic combat situations.
Last edited by Alexander on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Landion

Post by Landion »

Thanks for the compliment Alexander, I'm glad you like the area. Those combinations were definitely intended to add diversity and were one of the first areas I ever made as a GM. I've tried to do the same with the Hyra witchdoctors and spirit callers as a combination of the two is quite dangerous in one area. I try to make areas fun and yet different in their challenges.

Also, if you haven't yet you should go try some scorpions, basilisks and dust devils with Evelyn. I think you'll enjoy it too. Maybe you can give me some feedback on it.
No longer GMing for CLOK.

Return to “Hunting Areas”