Specifying Ammo type for use in a Particular Firearm

Sneaky

Specifying Ammo type for use in a Particular Firearm

Post by Sneaky »

Hello,
So I’ve already written a set of aliases that allow me to swap between iron shot and lead shot after unloading my guns, and then to reload them. However, it made me think about how Kent use to set up all kinds of aliases to do loads of stuff in a short amount of time. Don’t think this was really considerate of other players, so I’ll be deleting mine.
However, perhaps it would be a great addition for those who use firearms to be able to specify what type of ammo they want to go into each gun. The syntax I’m thinking of would be something like the following.
Assumtions:
I have two types of ammo on me, lead and iron.
They are both in an open container, possibly in separate containers.
I am holding a single firearm
Syntax:
Onlyload iron shot
You will now only load iron shot into your steel barreled flintlock
Onlyload lead shot
You will now only load lead shot into your bronze barreled flintlock.
Load steel flintlock
You retrieve an iron shot from your shot pouch and load it into your steel barreled flintlock.
Load bronze flintlock
You retrieve a lead shot from your shot pouch and load it into your bronze barreled flintlock.
Alternatively, specifying the type after the load command could be another adjustment. Perhaps something like load flintlock iron, and load flintlock lead.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Specifying Ammo type for use in a Particular Firearm

Post by Lun »

A bit finagly, but have two pouches, and close the one with the appropriate ammo type.

Return to “General Hunting and Combat”