Aim your shots

Rias
Lore Hermit

Aim your shots

Post by Rias »

You can now use the AIM verb to choose which body location you wish to aim for by default when attacking. The chance to successfully hit the spot you aim for is dependent on your applicable skill for the weapon/spell you're using. I considered tying General Combat into it, too, but I don't want General Combat to be the Uberskill. It's already an extremely useful skill as it is.

Aiming melee strikes will have a chance of failing to find an opening to attack, the chance going down as weapon skill goes up. This will not apply to aimed ranged attacks.

Aiming will also take one second longer to attack/fire/cast, though I think I'll have a certain skill threshold at which this extra roundtime is negated.

To stop aiming for a particular location, use AIM RANDOM or AIM CLEAR.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Can you aim for a body part individually? Meaning occasionally I want to leg something, but not often enough to always aim for it.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

You mean aim for a single attack, then go back to random aiming? No, but that's a good idea. I'll add it to the to-do list.

Also, I apparently never announced it, but having enough skill in a weapon type will negate the extra second of roundtime.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Hunting and Combat”