New Tactic?

Acarin

New Tactic?

Post by Acarin »

So there is currently a tactic parry, dodge, and block but no general defensive tactic that doesn't drop off the other defense chances.

Would love to see this especially with the new changes in combat (engagement, bleeding, charge/trample etc losing parry chance).
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Then the defense should not have the same significant boost as the one defensive tactic is but offense should be dropped the same amount.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Yes. I agree with that. They would likely have a boost similar to that seen with attacks in tactic offense.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

I need to actually do the math, but I get the feeling that currently "none" is the most defensive tactic in the general case. I personally would like to see Parry and Block not completely disappear from most tactics (and be reduced instead).
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.

Return to “General Hunting and Combat”