escaping

Kakoon

escaping

Post by Kakoon »

I like the idea of being penalized for running from combat but the breaking engagement is a bit much. I have guerilla tactics as a ranger that's specifically designed to allow me to break melee engagement and stay in a ranged position but I still can't get away from creatures, especially when i'm in the middle of fighting one and another runs in. I'd suggest instead of making it so when you move away from combat you are stuck in RT in the next room and depending on how many creatures you ran from decides the RT and possibly the strength of the creature. I think with the addition of bleeding this would still not allow people to just run away without penalty. If they're fighting 3 creatures and get smacked around pretty well so they're bleeding they can move to the next room and get hit with 12 sec of RT (4 sec for each creature) and continue to bleed hoping they don't bleed out before they can get themselves bandaged.
Lae

Post by Lae »

I have some difficulty getting away too and would love to see a tiny tweak. Funnily enough I have the most problem getting away from the cocky warrior trainer. O_O
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

It's because he wants to take you out to eat XD
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

We'll re-evaluate the chances to get away, as well as which skills go into it, but we're sticking with the current idea. It would be odd to say that you can run away just fine without issue, but you can't change position from engage to ranged. Also, a big part of the idea is so that "go [direction]" isn't the ultimate survival tactic. You should be beating a strategic retreat when a situation starts to look bad, not when it's already nearly hopeless.

Be sure to use any escape-assisting abilities if you really need to get out of there. In Kakoon's case, rooting should make getting away from that opponent a 100% chance.
The lore compels me!
Kakoon

Post by Kakoon »

when there are multiple of the same targets in the room, let's say 3 deranged trappers, what do I type to differ my target so i can cast vine on all three? I've tried second trapper, other trapper, trapper 2 but I can't seem to cast it at the other trappers
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Hmm, I'll see if I can update cast soon, but for now, you should be able to target 2 trapper, then cast.
The lore compels me!
Kakoon

Post by Kakoon »

ok thanks
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

I haven't verified it against multiple target yet, but that did not work when I tried it against as a target dummy.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Landion

Post by Landion »

A bug was discovered that was causing it to be very difficult to escape in combat.

This has been corrected.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Is that escape as in leave the area, or escape as in go to ranged? Or both?

Also, thanks!
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Leaving the room.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Hunting and Combat”