Energy loss when attacked

Deraxian

Energy loss when attacked

Post by Deraxian »

I think the recent change to incur energy loss every time you are attacked makes perfect sense and is a good addition, however, I feel it's a bit too extreme.

The change was barely noticeable at first. I logged in near Tarueka, went to the town and did a few laps, killing everything in sight the Dwaedn way. Not a big deal until I came into a multi-opponent encounter. I was facing 2 hounds, a cat, and a guard. I engaged the guard and started doing my thing, and before I knew it I was too exhausted for auto-battle. I was kinda perplexed why since I was barely wounded. I wound up popping adrenaline twice, which usually would have been enough for me to at least finish the guard and the cat, but before I even had a chance to finish the guard I was exhausted again. That's when I realized I was losing an extra 4 energy every time I was attacked.

I realize that any change like this will take some getting used to, and my opinion may be a bit slanted due to the initial shock of the change. Four energy (for lightly armored) seems a bit too high though. I totally understand the need for this change, but it completely removes my ability to hunt 3+ critters in the same room without using a high damage crit-kill weapon. (I was using an exquisite longsword without shouts at the time).

I'd like to see the energy cost lowered, or at least have the possibility of having it lowered based off of armor use skill (while still having a minimum based off of heaviest armor type worn and such).
You are wearing the following armor:

head: .... (leather) an oiled black soft leather helm (undamaged)
neck: .... (leather) a thick leather gorget (undamaged)
torso: ... (leather) a leather cuirass (undamaged)
arms: .... (leather) some leather vambraces (undamaged)
hands: ... (leather scale) a pair of bronze-clawed bear paws (undamaged)
legs: .... (leather) some leather greaves (undamaged)
feet: .... (leather) some average black leather boots (scuffed)

EEng>
enc
Your encumbrance: 55.86
Karn

Post by Karn »

Perhaps the possibility of having the energy use dependant on tactics as well?

If you're focused on a specific style, ignoring all others I'm not sure you should suffer as much energy penalty as you would if you were attempting a variety of defensive manoeuvres.

Also, if you're using offense tactics, aren't you pretty much ignoring your defenses most of the time to get an attack it? Perhaps a little less energy drain there, simply because you're mostly not giving a damn.

Return to “General Hunting and Combat”