Game play offers a number of different weapon types for each weapon skill. Some are harder to find than others, and there may or may not be mechanical differences between weapon types. To get an idea of how one weapon compares to the others, examine it.
- You carefully examine an exquisite steel handaxe...
- You notice nothing unusual about the head.
- You notice Player's crafting mark.
- It is a large item, mainly made of steel.
- It could be used to knap stone.
- It could be used to chop wood.
- It could be hurled in combat, its effectiveness dependent on your Hurl Weapon skill.
- It could be wielded in melee combat with either one or two hands, its effectiveness dependent on your Hafted Weapons skill.
- It feels a bit awkward to wield, and you figure you could get up to 2 strikes per attack with it.
- It would be difficult to parry with.
- It appears to be in good repair.
- It appears to be of superior quality.
Note that there is no one 'uber' weapon to render all others obsolete. If one weapon is better at parrying then it likely does less damage, fewer strikes per attack etc.
Below you will find a list of common weapon types by weapon skill. This is not a complete list of weapon types available in game.
- Morning star
- Main gauche
- Throwing knife
- Frying pan
- Kite shield
- Round shield
- Tower shield