The Utasa are a branch of the Tse Gaiyan organization that is involved in the city-side of attempting to mediate the needs of humankind and the gaea. As with all members of the organization, they attempt to protect and defend free choice wherever they are, often taking opposite sides in situations.
However, their prime purpose is to keep cities free of any particularly widespread plagues or infestations; particularly infestation by resen spores. Although many cities will openly accept Utasa as citizens, many are known to provide entertainment as methods to be accepted and gain access to parts of towns they wouldn't otherwise have. Some call them spies, but who likes name-callers?
The Utasa have a high focus on guild community. They work very closely with each other, as well as their counterparts, the Udemi, on a regular basis. Due to their work, which often requires them to do things largely considered unsavory, such as stalking, eavesdropping, or even breaking and entering, Utasa will find that they are often held under suspicion by many individuals and groups. While the organization of Tse Gaiyan is very lenient in dictating how its members lead their own individual lives, members are expected to follow orders and always respond when called upon by their leaders. Above all else, members are expected to never act in sympathy toward the Resen, nor should they take any actions that could hinder or prevent the organization from carrying out its duty; doing so may result in disciplinary actions being taken against that member.
Most Utasa focus on small arms combat, as well as thrown weapons. They generally wear light leather armors, or no armor at all, allowing them to move more easily in combat. They also tend to utilize alchemical gadgets to help them gain the upper hand.
- Members tend to be close, supportive, and helpful to one another
- Members are often turned to with matters concerning the Resen, opening many opportunities for roleplay
- Opportunities to rise high within the guild, with perks being bestowed to trusted and respected individuals
- Members are expected to follow orders from Tse Gaiyan leadership at all times
- Members may find themselves mistrusted by some characters, NPCs, and cities, and active storylines may cause tensions to rise or fall at any time
- Individual Tse Gaiyan members are often viewed as representatives of their entire organization, and moreso than most other guilds, the actions of a single individual can have an affect on all other members, sometimes to a significant degree
- Nelyan's Outfitting is available in the Chapterhouse for members.
- Ability to hear druids commune
- Safehouses are maintained in various towns
- Various Alchemical items to make their job easier
- Secret areas for trusted members
- Chapterhouse has MANY facilities that are unique and extremely useful!
- Traps, utilizing both Utasa and Udemi characteristics